Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Heading Home




They have plenty of snow fences

Aug 30th and 31st
Left Welches Oregon on Mon morning and drove out of the Mt Hood area and onto I-84 heading East. We traveled 465 miles thru Oregon and Idaho and arrived at Mountain Home Idaho where we spent the night. We left Tues morning and drove thru Idaho, Utah and Wyoming on I-84 and then picked up I-80 and drove 434 miles to Rock Springs Wyoming where we will spend the night. Weather has been great. A few sprinkles with the temp around 70. The scenery thru the Rockies has been great.

Sept 1st (Wed)
Another beautiful day. Traveled thru Wyoming and Nebraska for a total of 481 miles, all on I-84. The wind was awful but the scenery was great. With these winds, it is no wonder that they need snow fences.

Sept 2nd (Thurs)
Another good day. We traveled 447 miles on I-80 thru Nebraska and Iowa. The wind was strong out of the North so it was a day's work. We are in Newton Iowa where we will spend the night.


Sept 3rd and 4th (Sat)
We are home.  We traveled in Iowa on I-80 to Davenport where we turned south on I-74 and headed for Indianapolis Indiana.  The wind was strong from the west so we got some bad gusts when we were going south.  It was nice when we were going east.  In fact, I got almost 11 mpg going east.  We traveled 425 miles on Friday and spent the night in Indianapolis.  We then got on I-70 and completed the last 147 miles on Saturday.  It was nice to head down Route 49 and then Route 35 into Beavercreek.  The miles for the total trip were 5,459 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment